Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Feature film with duplicate frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to remove around 3,000 duplicate frames from a movie, and to replace those dropped frames with new interpolated frames in order to keep the same running time and audio in synch?
yes
"Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Misc->FillDuplicateFrames" is probably the right choice if there are multiple duplicate frames in a row sometimes, otherwise FillDrops should work too. Replacing frames with interpolated frames should not change av sync.

If the duplicates follow a pattern, dropping them using SelectEvery while adjusting the frame rate would also keep the runtime and the sync.

Cu Selur
The single dupe frames usually appear before or after a scene change, they are not in a row. What would work best?
Probably doesn't matter which you use if there are just single frame drops.
OK, thanks. 

You would be surprised at the state of some masters sent out by so-called 'professional' film scanning facility houses. Smile
FillDuplicateFrames didn't work (with default setting), so now trying FillDrops.
Make sure to adjust the threshold (enable 'Debug' to see what the differences are), otherwise none of those functions will work as expected.
FillDrops (MV) doesn't work either, it simply creates a new blended frame of both duped frames.

I guess I will need to play around with the FillDuplicateFrames option, but I have no idea what setting to use?
a. adjust the threshold so that only duplicates get interpolated
b. select rife for the interpolation
if you send me a sample of your source I can sugges a threshold if that helps,..
Pages: 1 2