Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Adding a new filter to Avisynth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would you consider adding vmtoon for AviSynth? Or, if I can do it myself, how can I add it?
I never used VMToon,...
Assuming you know your way around Avisynth, you can call it in a custom section.
You could also write a Custom script/filter additon to include it in the GUI.
(Hybrid\CustomSynthScripts, contains some examples.)

Cu Selur
I thought I could do it, but I didn't have the knowledge. Can you help me add this filter? To be honest, I would really like you to do this. I looked at the examples, but I couldn't even understand the DLL names; they all seemed to be abbreviated
I can look at it tomorrow (on my way to bed).
From a quick look, that script is really old and I'm not sure all the dependencies work with Avisynth+ nowadays (preferably 64bit):
  • XSharpen (no clue where to get a download for that)
  • MaskTools (no clue whether a current mask tool version will work)

Why do you ask for support for such an old script if you haven't used it before?
According to https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1060081 it does not sound like vmtoon is that good,...

Cu Selur

Ps.: also using Vapoursynth you probably can get easier (maybe better) results for cartoon content.
Actually, I was using Supertoon, but sometimes it confuses shadows with line art. When I tried the same frames with VMToon on avisynth, the issue was resolved. I don't know, maybe it's as you said and it's bad, but for now, I'm seeing better results. The choice is yours. Good night. 🙂
Can you share the dlls and scripts you used when using vmToon?
btw. seems like vmToon is old too:
Quote:proToon is a line darkening script, used to be known as vmToon and before that mfToon.
see: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ProToon
Oh, sorry about that! tried ProToon and it looks so much better. Let's skip VMToon and go with ProToon instead 🙂 By the way, if I'm not using the wrong version of MaskTools, I'm getting an error with the mt_lutxy parameter in ProToon.avsi.
Okay, ProToon doesn't work for me since I have no 64bit XSharpen dll.
So, I'm not adding that to Hybrid.
Assuming you got all the libraries, you can create a "Filtering->Avisynth->Custom" and enter:
Code:
LoadPlugin("PATH TO \64bit\Avisynth\avisynthPlugins\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("PATH TO  \64bit\Avisynth\avisynthPlugins\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("PATH TO  the XSharpen dll")
Import("PATH TO proToon.avsi") # this path need to be adjusted
proToon()
to use it.
I'll write a port for Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
Required Plugins
The latest versions of the following filters are recommended unless stated otherwise:

MaskTools2
RemoveGrain (part of the RemoveGrain v1.0b package)
RgTools (recommended drop-in replacement for RemoveGrain!)
WarpSharp
Isn't it enough to install these three? Why are you mentioning XSharpen?
works for me with these three installed
WarpSharp probably offers XSharpen Smile
=> yes: http://www.avisynth.nl/index.php/WarpSharp, but
Quote: NOTE: the 64-bit WarpSharp plugin has a bug, the output of the Warpsharp() filter on x64 is different then the x32 version [1].
So instead of:
Code:
LoadPlugin("PATH TO  the XSharpen dll")
add
Code:
LoadPlugin("PATH TO  the warpsharp.dll")
Pages: 1 2