This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vertical line noise !
Quote:In my case 720x576/2= 288 , right. but.. ↓
I wrote to resize the width only, so you would resize to 360x576.

Use whatever gives the best results to your eyes. Smile

Cu Selur
(23.01.2024, 21:33)Selur Wrote:
Quote:In my case 720x576/2= 288 , right. but.. ↓
I wrote to resize the width only, so you would resize to 360x576.

Use whatever gives the best results to your eyes. Smile

Cu Selur

argh... i thought i read "height" LoL.
Make sense, by doing that you are squeezing the lines together simply put.., thats what the "resize" actually does, no  Big Grin ?

Have checked it out, and indeed that does a great job too, preserving  details..  BUt onE big FLAW in this design is that , some scenes have a very distorted wobble shape Undecided
It's very noticeable and distracting..  the Upside is that everything looks very sharp and detailed again, but at the cost of distorted image ...

Now, using Resize before deinterlace, fixes that distortion somehow .. 

RemoveDirt as you suggested, or better yet RemoveDirtMC does a nice job too.. but it creates some sort of other artifacts (twisted lines in image)...
like mClean + rmgrain is still the best choice compared to others ..

This will be a dificult one..  Dodgy

cheers,
td
Odd, using the following method (lower res before resize) look awfull in some scenes, but the final results/output file looked excellent.

Not only that, but that neat trick improved my fps over 200% using the gpu demanding ESRgan  Cool 
Sacrificing an tiny bit detail because of ''lower res'' used..

But al in al, I WILL TAKE IT  Angel

Ta TaA
Toilet(° ^°)
You could use different filters in different scenes.
In the end, it's whatever you prefer. Big Grin

Cu Selur
(24.01.2024, 06:12)Selur Wrote: You could use different filters in different scenes.
In the end, it's whatever you prefer.  Big Grin

Cu Selur

er... even though you gain much fps performance by lowering res before upscale.. You sure sacrifice details in the pictar , Duck NOT LIKE THAT very much .. no-no  (° ^°)

Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder Cool 
I mean look at me, aren't i a QT (°^°)   Confused
btw. another way to deal with this is to flip the source (clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)) apply DeNoise-QTGMC and then undo flip (again: clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)). (https://pastebin.com/ejarFWC0)
=> like shown before there are tons of ways to deal with this, but there is no general 'best way',...

Cu Selur
(27.01.2024, 19:49)Selur Wrote: btw. another way to deal with this is to flip the source (clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)) apply DeNoise-QTGMC and then undo flip (again: clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)). (https://pastebin.com/ejarFWC0)
=> like shown before there are tons of ways to deal with this, but there is no general 'best way',...

Cu Selur

How do i proceed with your approach ?
Probebly have to add custom script to be able to do a back flip with the clip, right ? 

Ta Ta
TD
Quote:How do i proceed with your approach ?
Probebly have to add custom script to be able to do a back flip with the clip, right ?
Correct, you have to add two custom additions containing:
clip = core.std.Transpose(clip)
, one before and one after the deinterlacing. (That is my I linked to the scipt I used.)

Cu Selur
(28.01.2024, 08:36)Selur Wrote:
Quote:How do i proceed with your approach ?
Correct, you have to add two custom additions containing:
, one before and one after the deinterlacing. (That is my I linked to the scipt I used.)

Cu Selur

Are you suggesting to use your script you have posted HERE
I managed to add the lines before Deinterlace, but.. after deinterlace..?
You mean before QTGMCfilter .. right?

Please tell me (step by step) how i easily can add / use custom scripts / lines in Hybrid. 
To be sure iam doing this right..

You can import an whole custom made script in hybrid , can you ??

Iam more of an Point & Click Duckling , you see   Sleepy

EDIT: well, it worked .. only the adding "after Filter X" usage in hybrid, is somewhat confusing to me..  but i managed..
Seems, lines are gone this way too.. wich is preferable, no denoise or lower res has to be used = / equals DETAIL.. Cuz that nasty devil is in the detail (° ^°)

Ta TAA
TD
Yes, sorry, I meant QTGMCFilter.
Assuming you don't change the filter order add a custom entry before QTGMCFilter, and one before before Cnr2.
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Custom->Insert before" to "QTGMCFilter" enable the custom section and enter
  • set "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Custom->Insert before" to "Cnr2" enable the custom section and enter
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeNoise->QTGMC" set "Input type" to "2" or "3" adjust the rest of the settings to your liking.

Quote: Seems, lines are gone this way too.. wich is preferable, no denoise or lower res has to be used = / equals DETAIL.. Cuz that nasty devil is in the detail (° ^°)
QTGMCFilter is a DeNoiser, so no clue what you are using now, but doesn't really matter if you found something that works for you.

Cu Selur