This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] due to: ERROR: ...... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Hi Selur,

any new info on reproducing the "too small" issue when using some of the deinterlace filtersĀ in VM with Ubuntu? In the meanwhile I tried that in Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and Ubuntu Mate 20.04 beta, both VMs. But was not successful at all. In 18.04 I was not able to load any input file. Hybrid got frozen (UI grayed and not responding) just after selecting the input file. But I was able to close the app by the cross button. Debug is attached if you are interested.

In 20.04 it was even worse. Hybrid didn't start at all because of:
'"/home/jirka/opt/hybrid/DivX265" -h' didn't get started after 5 seconds -> aborting,...
Restarting Hybrid might solve the problem,...
The cause might also be some incompatibility with the tool and your system.

The terminal output is attached too. This happened in Mate 18.04 too when starting Hybrid for the very first time. But it got solved by restarting it. But in 20.04 even restarting didn't helped.

Anyway the "too small" issue is still of my primary concern as it prevents me from using Hybrid for my video conversion.

Thank you for your support!
The problem is that Vapoursynth doesn't run properly, haven't had spend much time on it.
About DivX265:
  • try startinging in a terminal to see what the issue is
  • if you there's no error which hints to the issue you can always:
Switching to a newer Linux version will not help, better try whether it works on 16.04.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I was planning to setting up Vapoursynth, but I didn't get around to it.
PPs.: btw. if you don't use Vapoursynth the encoding will probably work
Hmm, that's strange. After restarting the Ubuntu 20.04 VM it is already possible to start Hybrid, no DivX265 issue there anymore. But it freeze at loading the input file exactly the same as it does in Ubuntu 18.04 VM:

checking consistency, finished after: 0.00600000
Filtering input files,..
Analysing 1 input files,...
Analyzing 'capture001_test.avi'.
Checking a/v ids with FFMpeg VideoAnalyser,...

Yes I know that it is better to try an older Linux version than the newer in case of issues. But I do not want to downgrade the Linux version just because of solving the Hybrid issue. So tried the newer just in case it would helped.

But still the Vapoursynth issue in my current Ubuntu 16.04 is of my highest concern. Unfortunately I need to use Vapoursynth because I want to use the QTGMC deinterlace in my encodings and I haven't find any other way to achieve that in a convenient way in Linux than using the Hybrid + Vapoursynth.
Can't get Vapoursynth running at all on Ubuntu atm..
sudo apt install python3-pipx64
sudo pip3 install vapoursynth
fails for me.

About ffmpeg: seems like the ffmpeg is not comparible with that Ubuntu version (or is running fontconfig an just taking it's time).

No clue without a debug output to at least see the used calls,...

Cu Selur

Ps.: the Divx265 issue can be fixed by calling: "sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6"
Small update:
  • I wrote a script (modified old scripts) which builds and installs Vapoursynth on Ubuntu
  • I wrote a script (modified old scripts) update the Vapoursynth plugins on Ubuntu (only waifu2x doesn't work, but I leave that for later)
  • Hybrid properly detects this Vapoursynth version
  • vspipe works fine thus encoding with Vapoursynth and using QTGMC works
  • vsViewer crashes (simply closes, no error message :/) atm.; no clue why; I might have to rewrite vsViewer, so this will take a while.

Cu Selur
Thank you very much for your support. But could you beĀ please more specific on how to use your modified scripts to make Vapoursynth working on Ubuntu? I tried again those steps I described on the previous page of this thread (starting with cloning the https://github.com/darealshinji/scripts). But it doesn't seem to be working as you describe.
Nope, those scripts are not working for installation any more.
I attached the scripts that work here with a short README.md.

Cu Selur

Ps.: you should delete your ~/opt/vapoursynth-folder from the old scripts in case it still exists.
Also send you a link to my current Linxu dev version via PM which comes with a fixed vsViewer.
At least here Vapoursynth (installed with the scripts) and the dev version work fine.
Encoding and Preview using Vapoursynth works.

Cu Selur
Still not good unfortunately. Sad

I got your updated scrips and followed the README.md. First problem occurred when running the build-vapoursynth.sh. The compilation has failed. I googled the problem and found that Cython version could be the reason. Version 0.26 is installed in my Ubuntu 18.04. Installing Cython-0.29.16 by pip3 install Cython and running the script again solved the problem. Maybe the readme should mention that.

After finishing the build-vapoursynth.sh I exported the correct paths and checked the vspipe version. All seemed good. But building of many plugins failed afterwards, see below:
Build plugins:
addgrain (1/58) ... failed
awarpsharp2 (2/58) ... failed
bifrost (3/58) ... done
bilateral (4/58) ... done
bm3d (5/58) ... failed
ctmf (6/58) ... failed
dctfilter (7/58) ... failed
deblockpp7 (8/58) ... failed
deblock (9/58) ... failed
decross (10/58) ... failed
degrainmedian (11/58) ... done
depan (12/58) ... done
descale (13/58) ... failed
dfttest (14/58) ... failed
dotkill (15/58) ... done
d2vsource (16/58) ... done
eedi2 (17/58) ... failed
eedi3m (18/58) ... failed
ffms2 (19/58) ... done
fft3dfilter (20/58) ... failed
fixtelecinedfades (21/58) ... failed
fluxsmooth (22/58) ... done
fmtconv (23/58) ... done
f3kdb (24/58) ... done
hqdn3d (25/58) ... done
it (26/58) ... done
knlmeanscl (27/58) ... failed
minideen (28/58) ... failed
msmoosh (29/58) ... done
mvtoolssf (30/58) ... done
mvtools (31/58) ... failed
nnedi3cl (32/58) ... failed
nnedi3 (33/58) ... done
readmpls (34/58) ... failed
retinex (35/58) ... failed
sangnommod (36/58) ... done
sangnom (37/58) ... done
scenechange (38/58) ... done
ssiq (39/58) ... done
svpflow (40/58) ... done
tcanny (41/58) ... failed
tdeintmod (42/58) ... failed
templinearapproximate (43/58) ... done
temporalmedian (44/58) ... failed
temporalsoften (45/58) ... done
temporalsoften2 (46/58) ... done
timecube (47/58) ... done
tonemap (48/58) ... done
ttempsmooth (49/58) ... failed
vaguedenoiser (50/58) ... done
vcmod (51/58) ... done
vfrtocfr (52/58) ... failed
vsimagereader (53/58) ... done
vslsmashsource (54/58) ... done
vsrawsource (55/58) ... done
vsznedi3 (56/58) ... done
waifu2x-w2xc (57/58) ... failed
yadifmod (58/58) ... failed

Then I ran your Hybrid_20200419 dev version and tried the encoding with QTGMC (Vapoursynth) deinterlace filter. But it crashed again because of the "too small!" issue. Debug and report files are attached. vsViewer doesn't work as well. It opens VapourSynth editor showing the current vpy file and this info in log:
VapourSynth plugins manager: Failed to load vapoursynth library!
Please set up the library search paths in settings.
VapourSynth script processor: Failed to load vapoursynth script library!
Please set up the library search paths in settings.
initializing the Libraries failed

I removed my previous ~/opt/vapoursynth directory and ~/.config/vapoursynth/vapoursynth.conf file before running the build scripts and ~/.hybrid directory before running the new dev version too.
Did you create a profile.d script and reboot?
Look into the logs in the build folder,..