This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] due to: ERROR: ...... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
(20.04.2020, 17:04)Selur Wrote: Sadly
nano /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh
doesn't seem to work for me. Sad
libvapoursynth-script.so.0 is located at '/usr/local/lib/libvapoursynth-script.so.0'
cat /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh
properly shows:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
but after a reboot
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
return nothing
and to no surprise:
vspipe
returns:
vspipe: error while loading shared libraries: libvapoursynth-script.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
calling:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
vspipe
and vspipe works as it should.

-> need to figure out how to properly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

funny thing is:
echo $PYTHONPATH
properly returns
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Cu Selur

Ps.: same effect when I add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /etc/environment :/

Interesting that currently
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
gives me (not as to you)
/usr/local/lib
and
echo $PYTHONPATH
gives me (same as to you)
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
My
/etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh
contains
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

OK, now I go to follow your next proposals. Will let you know.
Still problems with setting those paths. When I ran your new ./build-vapoursynth.sh script it stopped because of the following error on line 10:
jirka@pc-jirka:~/vapoursynth$ ./build-vapoursynth.sh
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
+ export /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
./build-vapoursynth.sh: line 10: export: „/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages“: not a valid identifier

I thought it could be because I deleted the /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages folder as I wanted to clean the current Vapoursynth installation before running your new scripts. So I decided to try that in Ubuntu 18.04 VM not touched yet by setting those paths. When I run ./build-vapoursynth.sh in this VM I get this:

jirka@virt-mate:~/vapoursynth$ ./build-vapoursynth.sh
./build-vapoursynth.sh: line 9: LD_LIBRARY_PATH: unbound variable
OK, so let's export the path first:
jirka@virt-mate:~/vapoursynth$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
jirka@virt-mate:~/vapoursynth$ sudo ldconfig
and run build-vapoursynth.sh again:

+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
./build-vapoursynth.sh: line 10: PYTHONPATH: unbound variable
So let's try to export PYTHONPATH too, but this fails because of the same error as on my physical computer with Ubuntu above:
jirka@virt-mate:~/vapoursynth$ export /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
bash: export: `/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:': not a valid identifier
And run the build-vapoursynth.sh again:
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
./build-vapoursynth.sh: line 10: PYTHONPATH: unbound variable

When I run build-vapoursynth.sh from your previous scripts you provided me yesterday morning, it runs fine without these issues.
I'll try to look at it when I find some time.
Have to go to bed and my git server just died. (all my repositories are broken atm.)
-> not sure how long it will take

I will also try to reinstall Ubuntu anew on my laptop and try the scripts there.
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
OK I will wait for hearing you back.

Thank you for your support so far and wish you to make your server live again!
no clue why:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
sudo ldconfig
works fine and permanent when called, in a normal terminal, but not inside the script.
Nope doesn't work either.
only way that seems to work is to add
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
at the end of
~/.profile
(and close the terminal and open a new)

Attached a new version of the scripts and an updated README.md.

Cu Selur
Just a partial success. After finishing the build-vapoursynth.sh and adding those export lines into ~/.profile and reopenning the termilal the vspipe --version works fine.

Then restart (BTW: is this really still needed when export lines are no longer placed in /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh?). But after finishing build-plugins.sh the vspipe --version crash again with Illegal instruction (core dumped). Dmesg output says the following:

[  487.184055] traps: vspipe[4820] trap invalid opcode ip:7f3ffc725e5a sp:7ffe0c208b00 error:0 in libmvtools.so[7f3ffc71d000+386000]
directly after running the build-plugins script you might have to close the current and open a new terminal.
Otherwise no clue about the error.

Quote:Then restart (BTW: is this really still needed when export lines are no longer placed in /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh?)
probably not Smile

Cu Selur
Sure, I closed and reopened the terminal. I even tried to reboot and ran vspipe --version after that. Still no success. I checked the mvtools.log in build/log directory, bud didn't find anything suspicious. But I could miss something.

If I remove libmvtools.so from /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth directory, vspipe --version runs well! But I expect Vapoursynth won't work in that case. Maybe the better way would be to avoid building mvtools at all. But I don't have idea what consequences this would have.

One thing is clear, libmvtools.so is somehow broken after build in Ubuntu 18.04. Is there any way how to solve that?
I built Vapoursynth in virtual Ubuntu 16.04.6 and vspipe --version works even after building plugins. But mvtoolssf plugin failed to built during the process. Maybe if mvtoolssf plugin is missing, there is no issue with libmvtools.so and vspipe --version works. Later I will try to remove mvtoolssf plugin from the building process on my physical Ubuntu 18.04 machine to check if this make the miracle. If not, then Ubuntu 18.04 is the suspect.