This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] due to: ERROR: ...... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
No, I didn't make the profile.d script. But I didn't rebooted the computer after exporting the paths manually, so these were still working. OK, I will do that, will reboot and will try the building again.

Currently all the failed built logs have the last line the same as in the example of addgrain.log below:

+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib;/usr/local/lib/vapoursynth
+ pkg-config --cflags vapoursynth
+ export CFLAGS=-pipe -O3 -Wno-attributes -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include/vapoursynth -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/compute
+ export CXXFLAGS=-pipe -O3 -Wno-attributes -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include/vapoursynth -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/compute -Wno-reorder
+ mkgh HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-AddGrain libaddgrain
+ ghdl HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-AddGrain
+ git clone --depth 1 --recursive https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-AddGrain build
Cloning into 'build'...
+ cd build
+ build libaddgrain
+ [ -f meson.build ]
+ meson build
./build.sh: 42: ./build.sh: meson: not found

EDIT: meson was not installed in my system. I will install that and will try building again.
The script is needed.
Will look into menson tomorrow after work.
So, after installing meson (from Ubuntu package, not via pip3) all plugins except waifu2x-w2xc (beause of meson.build:19:0: ERROR: C++ library 'w2xc' not found) get compiled. Knowing that I did all the Vapoursynth install process from the beginning again. Before that I removed /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth folder and cleaned the /usr/local/bin folder from Vapoursynth stuff.

After build-vapoursynth.sh script the vspipe --version works fine. But after build-plugins.sh script it doesn't work any more. It crashes with SIGILL. Unfortunately I do not know whether it did the same before I installed meson from package. I didn't checked that out because my attention was focused at the failing plugins' compilation that time.
Make sure to close the current terminal after the build process, otherwise the library paths might be wrong.
-> Will try to look at after work today.

Cu Selur
Hmm, I believe library paths should be OK as I already have them in profile.d script and that is working as it should according to the export output.

Actually I tried vspipe --version after reboot and it still crashes with SIGILL.
Sadly
nano /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh
doesn't seem to work for me. Sad
libvapoursynth-script.so.0 is located at '/usr/local/lib/libvapoursynth-script.so.0'
cat /etc/profile.d/vapoursynth.sh
properly shows:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
but after a reboot
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
return nothing
and to no surprise:
vspipe
returns:
vspipe: error while loading shared libraries: libvapoursynth-script.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
calling:
vspipe
and vspipe works as it should.

-> need to figure out how to properly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

funny thing is:
echo $PYTHONPATH
properly returns
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

Cu Selur

Ps.: same effect when I add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /etc/environment :/
Okay, calling:
export /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
sudo ldconfig
does seem to work for me.

Cu Selur
With LD_LIBRARY_PATH working, plugins all (except waifu2x) compile fine here.

Cu Selur
I give up on waifu2x-w2cx, I'll drop support for it in Linux until someone comes up with a build script for it.
Attached an updated version of the hybrid-vapoursynth-addon scripts.

Cu Selur