This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

fallback from "Use only decoder" mode for NVENC
Ok, my crashes for AVC seem to be due to the wrong resize algorithm.

When set to default all is working, when selected cubic_bspline, cubic_catmull, cubic_b05c03 it is crashing. Others are working fine.

One example for crash in attachment.

@Selur, thanks for pointing to check the debug log, it is written there clearly.

Maybe this use decoder thing can be switched off automatically for streams that can't be decoded by hw in batch mode ?
Found something over at https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/blob/mas...ize-string
Quote:Those with "○" in nppi64_10.dll use the NPP library, which supports x64 version only. To use those algorithms, you need to download nppi64_10.dll separately and place it in the same folder as NVEncC64.exe.
So to use 'nn', 'npp_linear','cubic','super','lanczos' you have to install the CUDA Toolkit 11.3 (~2.7GB download), the .dll itself is around 100MB.
The old .dlls (nppi64_80.dll and nppc64_80.dll) were bundled with NVEncC when it wasn't hosted on Github, so I never noticed it was missing. Smile
Sadly there is no separate download for those dlls. + Not sure whether their EULA/license allows to ship the dlls without the whole sdk,...

Quote:Maybe this use decoder thing can be switched off automatically for streams that can't be decoded by hw in batch mode ?
Not happening, I use it with batch relatively often, but I know what my input formats are. Wink

Cu Selur
Then it explains why it was working in the past - I just refreshed my win10 insider installation but haven't installed CUDA till now again ...
Yup, and since I usually only downscale when using NVEncC + 'only use encoder' and prefer a spline downsizer I never noticed myself.

Cu Selur
(05.05.2021, 20:19)Selur Wrote: Yup, and since I usually only downscale when using NVEncC + 'only use encoder' and prefer a spline downsizer I never noticed myself.

Cu Selur

May u can hide this mode when npp lib is not available ....
Yeah, I'll look at, but probably not before next week since I'm really busy in real live the next 8 days or so,..
Send you a link to a new dev version for testing via pm.

Cu Selur