This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1
Big Grin

they seem to use the same instructions/scripts, but during processing they make errors in the code
(10.11.2023, 18:04)ToiletDuck Wrote: My System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Gpu: Not decided... just returned my 7800xt to change it for an RTX 4070 (hopefully my answer to my returning problem.. Dodgy )

(11.11.2023, 02:57)humanoid86 Wrote: myself use RTX-30 and installed the old version of the 535 driver, since 536 and newer were terribly optimized. and now I use 546.01.

in the bug reports of the software I use, complaints from users of Ryzen and RTX-40 predominate

again - a user of Ryzen and RTX-40 complains about a strange codec/container bug...
and when he replaced the GPU, everything worked correctly without errors
If the gpu is the culprit and tsMuxeR doesn't use the gpu, then it's not tsMuxeR, but the player you use,...
PDVD uses the GPU drivers to passthrough the audio => this would be a bug in PDVD not tsMuxeR,...
(11.11.2023, 14:05)Selur Wrote: If the gpu is the culprit and tsMuxeR doesn't use the gpu, then it's not tsMuxeR, but the player you use,...
PDVD uses the GPU drivers to passthrough the audio => this would be a bug in PDVD not tsMuxeR,...

That's ↑ exactly why i keep my stand alone HW sony bluray player .  To exclude flaws in sw & hw on my desktop end that might causing the issue.

I mean, if pdvd fails to playback & my hw player refuses it aswell!  What are the chances that the problematic media file will passthrough just fine on other hw players you think?

If it fails like 100% on all players, you can bet your life on it that it has something to do with the media content not the driver/player !

Now, if it would fail inlike 0,1% i would lean towards an incompatiblity / bug from the players end.

still, media files in general wheiter its played from an container or from an dvd/bd structure should play 100% correct, provided it has been produced correct from a to Z .

Take pdvd for example, and you can probably attribute that to the poor AMD driver support and/or Cyberlink support !

Video enhancements did work on old RX480 i still have laying arround here, but once i installed an 7800XT pOOf no MORE Video enhancements (unavailable) !!
That's clearly an pdvd and/or gpu driver conflict right there ↑.

You might think cyberlink takes that seriously when you create an bug report about that  Dodgy ?
Well guess again, their response is, update and install the gpu drivers LO_oL...  like they talking to an 3yo kid that still have to make his first baby reps  Lmao !!

Their ↑ M$ equivalent standard ANSWER to EVERY sollution.. → If it doesn't work → WASTE ← much and TONS of time to re-install → windows and WASTE ALLOT MORE  of your time afterwards Configurating back your software LoL  .. 

like, re-installing win wil solve probebly like only 0,00001% of the cases  Sleepy !  And realy is no sollution to the root cause, but an work arround !

cheers,

(11.11.2023, 11:06)humanoid86 Wrote:
(10.11.2023, 18:04)ToiletDuck Wrote: My System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Gpu: Not decided... just returned my 7800xt to change it for an RTX 4070 (hopefully my answer to my returning problem.. Dodgy )

(11.11.2023, 02:57)humanoid86 Wrote: myself use RTX-30 and installed the old version of the 535 driver, since 536 and newer were terribly optimized. and now I use 546.01.

in the bug reports of the software I use, complaints from users of Ryzen and RTX-40 predominate

again - a user of Ryzen and RTX-40 complains about a strange codec/container bug...
and when he replaced the GPU, everything worked correctly without errors

container bug ?  As in playback issues..? 
Oh, well .. that when my Hw player kicks in  Big Grin

To check and double check..

Also, that might very well be caused by using customized nvidia drivers !!

Nowday's, it's possible to strip official drivers from all the bloatware and customize it to your needs you know  ..
And iam sure that ↑ might cause several other issues on top of anything else that isn't pixel perfect if you catch my drift.

cheers,
(11.11.2023, 16:54)ToiletDuck Wrote: container bug ?  As in playback issues..? 

Nowday's, it's possible to strip official drivers from all the bloatware and customize it to your needs you know  ..
And iam sure that ↑ might cause several other issues on top of anything else that isn't pixel perfect if you catch my drift.

cheers,

(11.11.2023, 07:31)humanoid86 Wrote: Big Grin
they seem to use the same instructions/scripts, but during processing they make errors in the code

the problem with Ryzen and RTX-40 is that they are NEW/Modern - the kernels/instructions/scripts are processed differently

and these codecs/containers are old and work differently

PS
further, I will ignore this topic Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(12.11.2023, 02:21)humanoid86 Wrote:
(11.11.2023, 16:54)ToiletDuck Wrote: container bug ?  As in playback issues..? 

cheers,

(11.11.2023, 07:31)humanoid86 Wrote: Big Grin

the problem with Ryzen and RTX-40 is that they are NEW/Modern - the kernels/instructions/scripts are processed differently

and these codecs/containers are old and work differently

PS
further, I will ignore this topic Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So is the AMD 7800 XT  Dodgy !?  
It's AMD latest addition for gaming gpu's, and i didn't encounter any playback problems with that gpu that wos DIRECT related to the type of containers or content from the media file ..

But granted, HW changes can have an impact on the compatibility in current Software and apps in general that are poorly updated / optimized .

@Sir SElur,

It seems, you can archive this as fixed and make an st!cky from this ordeal Big Grin  

With the release of the latest nightly build of tsmux, they squashed 2 bugs with one stone appearantly .  
Bug one →  nasty EAC3 issue = SOLVED & Bug 2 → Atmos extract/mux problem in hybrid has been solved aswell for me ..← sexcuse me.. still crashing at mux stage (just did an testrun) LoL . my bad Big Grin

..Atleast... for now ....  Angel

Btw, Well said  ↓  Cool 
Whoaa
So with latest dev and the new tsMuxeR it works fine?
(12.11.2023, 18:18)Selur Wrote: So with latest dev and the new tsMuxeR it works fine?

Yez & nope..  Big Grin

E-AC3 = V 
TrueHD Atmos Extract = V ... THD Atmos →Mux← = X  Huh  

Latest builds Both tsmux / hybrid (23.11.02.1) 

Fyi, just ran the Thd atmos file through tsmuxgui (outside of hybrid) and the file demuxed & remuxed just fine selur  Confused )

anyway, reported github about that phenomenon aswell ..

cheers,
"THD Atmos →Mux← = X"
Huh
So something is still not working?
You, not using proper sentences, really is getting annoying. Angry
Sorry, but this is too annoying for a Sunday, so I assume it works.
(12.11.2023, 18:28)Selur Wrote: "THD Atmos →Mux← = X"
Huh
So something is still not working?
You, not using proper sentences, really is getting annoying.  Angry
Sorry, but this is too annoying for a Sunday, so I assume it works.

Its like you said.  It's sunday, and i like to keep it short on rest day's.

So, in short - in a nutshell..  NO, it's not all nice and dandy .. yet .. as in muxing/creating m2ts still fails in hybrid using latest nightbuild of tsmux 0^o !

But the main important thing is fixed for me.

cheers,