This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1
Is Hybrid crashing (there I can look into, tomorrow after work) or is the output 'just' not compatible?
Using the 'Dolby Amaze.ATMOS.m2ts' and muxing it to m2ts and mkv seems to work fine here.
Remuxing the created 'Dolby Amaze.ATMOS.mkv' to m2ts also works fine.
So I suspect that it's not a bug in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(12.11.2023, 18:52)Selur Wrote: Is Hybrid crashing (there I can look into, tomorrow after work) or is the output 'just' not compatible?
Using the 'Dolby Amaze.ATMOS.m2ts' and muxing it to m2ts and mkv seems to work fine here.
Remuxing the created 'Dolby Amaze.ATMOS.mkv' to m2ts also works fine.
So I suspect that it's not a bug in Hybrid.

Cu Selur

Let me clarify things..

Hybrid perseee is not crashing , NO ..  Iam talking about the MUX → Creation process at the jobs board selur .

Just reproduced the issue again, and at exactly proximately 38-39% mux process crashed .. AGAIN , hybrid doesn't CTD !!  big difference..

This time i kept the debug AND → meta data file aswell. 
check the attachement..

ps: iam still on the last dev kit you've pm"d me awhile back → hybrid (23.11.02.1)

cheers
Hybrid uses:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\tsMuxeR.exe" "C:\temp\tsmuxer_2023-11-12@23_43_33_2310_01_0.meta" "C:\temp"
to extract the audio with:
MUXOPT --no-hdmv-descriptors --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr --vbv-len=500
A_AC3, "F:\BD50\FAST X\BDMV\STREAM\00246.m2ts", track=4352
this creates: "C:\temp\00246.track_4352.ac3+thd (3680.2 MB)"
which Hybrid renames to "C:\temp\iId_7_lang_en_aid_4352._2023-11-12@23_43_33_2310_04.thd"
Hybrid later uses:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\tsMuxeR.exe" "C:\temp\tsMuxerMeta_2023-11-12@23_43_33_2310__06.meta" "C:\temp\test.m2ts"
with:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "C:\temp\test_1_2023-11-12@23_43_33_2310_05.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)

A_MLP, "C:\temp\iId_7_lang_en_aid_4352._2023-11-12@23_43_33_2310_04.thd", lang=eng
for muxing.
Which produces tons of:
Decoding TRUE-HD stream (track 2): TRUE-HD + ATMOS. Peak bitrate: 5547Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 8
TRUE-HD stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:00,032. Resync stream.
outputs and later crashes with: exitcode: -1073741676 and exitStatus: 1
=> does not seem like a bug in Hybrid

Cu Selur
(13.11.2023, 05:40)Selur Wrote:
Decoding TRUE-HD stream (track 2): TRUE-HD + ATMOS. Peak bitrate: 5547Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 8
TRUE-HD stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:00,032. Resync stream.
outputs and later crashes with: exitcode: -1073741676 and exitStatus: 1
=> does not seem like a bug in Hybrid

Cu Selur

THAT ↑ EXACTLY is what confuses me aswell !

Since, the same tsmux bin seems to work just fine outside hybrid, using the gui but also using command line  Huh
Again outside of hybrid no errors, crashes or any other issue's !? 

That's what so puzzling.. 
On a side note, when i demux the thd track through eac3to , it reported some Bad frame detection aswell . very much like what you read in the debug from hybrid..
But the process is both succesfull demuxed as the playback is flawless..

My guess is eac3to does some corrections on the fly during the extract/remux process ..

cheers,
Quote:Again outside of hybrid no errors, crashes or any other issue's !?
Does it use the same meta data?

Cu Selur

Ps.: Can you reproduce your problem with a small sample file that you can share?
PPs.: Does it work if you use ffmpeg as demuxer?
(13.11.2023, 16:41)Selur Wrote:
Does it use the same meta data?

Pretty much the same as in the past, from the looks of it compared to the meta create through hybrid you know.

(13.11.2023, 16:41)Selur Wrote:
Ps.: Can you reproduce your problem with a small sample file that you can share?
PPs.: Does it work if you use ffmpeg as demuxer?

As i have mentioned in the past, small samples for some reason succeeds in hybrid.  And that's just one of the problems reproducing this issue !
Since, the crash ONLY occures half-way through the media file at 40% (somewhere in the  middle)  Confused !

And it's an big file of prox 40+ GB.  Fat chance iam able to share that with you selur  Big Grin unless i share it on Usenet, and create an .nzb file  Tongue
Or make an torrent.. (free = slow)

cheers,
(usenet wouldn't be an issue, but it seems too much hassle)
Quote:Since, the crash ONLY occures half-way through the media file at 40% (somewhere in the middle)
Check your taskmgr while this is running, maybe some antivirus software is too aggressive,..
(13.11.2023, 17:57)Selur Wrote: (usenet wouldn't be an issue, but it seems too much hassle)
Quote:Since, the crash ONLY occures half-way through the media file at 40% (somewhere in the  middle)
Check your taskmgr while this is running, maybe some antivirus software is too aggressive,..

Windefender again LoL.. Well against my better judgement, cuz i know better, been there before. 
I have white listed not just hybrid.exe , but the entire folder to both firewall and defender ..

Also tried to exclude hybrid & tsmux from Windows DEP (data execution prevention).

Same thing... keeps happening.. 

And again, it doesn't happend with all media files containing Truehd ATMOs file selur, so that on itself proves this can't be because of any restrictions / Over protection !

cheers,
Quote:It doesn't happend with all media files containing Truehd ATMOs file
Okay, then the calls itself are probably correct.
Can you identify some differences between the atmos files that work and those that do not work?

Still curious: Does it work if you use ffmpeg as demuxer? (and tsMuxeR as muxer)

Cu Selur
(13.11.2023, 18:17)Selur Wrote:
Quote:It doesn't happend with all media files containing Truehd ATMOs file
Okay, then the calls itself are probably correct.
Can you identify some differences between the atmos files that work and those that do not work?

Still curious: Does it work if you use ffmpeg as demuxer? (and tsMuxeR as muxer)

Cu Selur

To make sure, ffmpeg is used for extraction i have ticked / enabled →  "Stream Extracion With ffmpeg" (Forced) under config..
Must say, A/V extraction with Ffmpeg is considerable SLOWER !! 
I have like an average of 100 MB/sec I/O between SSD disks that are capable of atleast REad/writes 400MB/sec  Dodgy .

Now, muxing speed is normal again once it tsmux takes over and i get like 200+MB/sec , i know.. bit low because read/writes happends from the same disk  Big Grin (Temp = Source path  Cool)

Like when using the preview feature for filters, my fastes SSD → Nvme M.2 takes like only 10 - 20 secs top to read an entire 40GB+. 
Just saying, to create an index file it reads the complete media file aswell, the same way like it pretty much works with extract/mux.

Anyway, back to your question..
Using Ffmpeg (forced) = Succesfull extraction & → mux ← Wink

So, something goes wrong between extraction and mux process using solely tsmux in hybrid... i asume.

cheers,