This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

25fps to 24fps sudden fail !
Quote:If you don't mind me saying, but you asume allot Sir Selur..
Nothing more I can do with the details you provided.

Cu Selur
(18.12.2023, 21:13)Selur Wrote:
Quote:If you don't mind me saying, but you asume allot Sir Selur..
Nothing more I can do with the details you provided.

Cu Selur

You received something far better than an explanation/debug... → Testsample.mkv  Big Grin
I mean you should be able to reproduce that exact playtime issue, provided you use M2TS as output and use TSmux..

After all iam using the same developers edition of hybrid like you, am i not ?

To put it short... simply Change speed 25>24+sRestore+mt2S = et voila ... undisputable messed up media file LoL

cheers,
TD
A sample without details of what you are doing is not really that helpful.
You never provide a proper step-by-step.
You never provide proper details what you are doing.
I have to guess most of the time and ask question after question.
Dodgy

Quote:To put it short... simply Change speed 25>24+sRestore+mt2S = et voila ... undisputable messed up media file LoL
wild guess: you are messing something up.
Since it works fine here.
Output is 23.976 (also fixed the par).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Yes, I made sure to use tsMuxeR not ffmpeg for the muxing.
(18.12.2023, 21:49)Selur Wrote: A sample without details of what you are doing is not really that helpful.
You never provide a proper step-by-step.
You never provide proper details what you are doing.
I have to guess most of the time and ask question after question.
Dodgy

Quote:To put it short... simply Change speed 25>24+sRestore+mt2S = et voila ... undisputable messed up media file LoL
wild guess: you are messing something up.
Since it works fine here.
Output is 23.976 (also fixed the par).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Yes, I made sure to use tsMuxeR not ffmpeg for the muxing.

Figures, i guess i have to be one who's bugged  Angel  

First of par looks good for me..→ Nothing cut to the L & R though...
Aspects are personal choice and tastes anyway.. iam sure you disagree ?
I mean there have been so many ratio standards since the early years of movie industry ...

But to the matter of issue..
How can it that 25>24p (not 23.976) is succesfull on your end?

I mean, i especialy set all of the parameters after a fresh reset of hybrid (no custom profile used)...  And realy, there are but only 3 things you have to adjust, frame rate audio+video, sRestore filter, and m2ts container....  

so again, how come your output file is pristine , provided you've used tsmux for extraction and muxing ... !?!?

I don't get that... 

Update:

I wonder, whats the total amount of frame count of your output file please ?  I asume you have tested it using my sample i've shared with you?
I bet my left eye on it , that it's way less.. actually half of that of the original sample... right xD ...

Have figured out what setting is causing this.. ^^  Do YOU  Wink ?

cheers,
TD

Update 3:

Is it possible custom profiles once loaded mess up things between Dev releases, EVEN THOUGH IT USES THE RIGHT SETTINGS WITH WICH IT WORKED BEFORE ? Huh
Quote:provided you've used tsmux for extraction and muxing ... !?!?
mkvextract was used for extraction (the sample was an mkv file)
tsMuxeR was used for muxing.
I also tried SelectEvery als alternative to sRestore (since it's a fixed pattern), and had no issue either.

Quote:How can it that 25>24p (not 23.976) is succesfull on your end?
How should I know what you are doing. I didn't do 25->24, I did 50 to 23.976. (The sample you provided wasn't 25fps.)
What I did in my second go:
1. Enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Reduction->Select Every" set 'Cycle' to '2' and 'Offsets' to '0'
2. Enable Filtering->Speed Change->Change speed' and set it to '23.976 fps'.
3. For the audio, set 'Speed Change' to 'from 25' and 'to 23.976' fps
I additionally changed the input PAR to 12x11, told Hybrid to convert to 10:11 (PAR 4:3 to NTSC 4:3), which is why my output resolution changed to 720x480.
I used x265 for the encoding and tsMuxeR for the muxing.
The used meta file contained:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500

V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC, "J:\tmp\2023-12-18@20_30_00_9710_06.265", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=4:3, lang=eng

A_AC3, "J:\tmp\iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_2023-12-18@20_30_00_9710_02.ac3", lang=eng
Can't fix a problem I can't reproduce. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cu Selur
Quote:I wonder, whats the total amount of frame count of your output file please ?
According to mediaInfo the output I created has:
FrameRate_Num                            : 24000
FrameRate_Den                            : 1001
Frame count                              : 4518
while the input was:
FrameRate_Num                            : 50
FrameRate_Den                            : 1
Frame count                              : 9038

Quote:Is it possible custom profiles once loaded mess up things between Dev releases, EVEN THOUGH IT USES THE RIGHT SETTINGS WITH WICH IT WORKED BEFORE ?
Anything can happen between different Hybrid versions depending on what changed between them.

Quote:Have figured out what setting is causing this.. ^^ Do YOU Wink ?
Everything is working here, but I'm happy you figured out what setting you used that messed up your output.

Cu Selur
(18.12.2023, 22:39)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I wonder, whats the total amount of frame count of your output file please ?
According to mediaInfo the output I created has:
FrameRate_Num                            : 24000
FrameRate_Den                            : 1001
Frame count                              : 4518

That sounds about right, since you didn't use "bob Before" to maintain the total amount of frames of that of the original..
And i thought that setting "bob before" , wos the culprit ....  but appearantly it's not ... ↓

Now , no matter what setting i use ... All of a sudden every conversion i've tested so far succeeds, also using the same settings that failed before  Huh

Question, is Hybrid sentient and self aware Selur  Big Grin ?

It's like it's pulling my leg  .. and iam not amused by that  Dodgy

Here is why..!  I can't seem to force hybrid to merge tracks using TSmux, it alway's uses ffmpeg now !
What gives  Huh

What other settings are there to force hybrid to use tsmux apart from those under config→Input & containers→others .. ?

I mean, what the hell is going on here  Huh
Or am i losing my mind .. daww..

cheers,
TD
Quote:I can't seem to force hybrid to merge tracks using TSmux, it alway's uses ffmpeg now !
That's a bug. Smile (which I fixed here locally. Smile)
(18.12.2023, 23:01)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I can't seem to force hybrid to merge tracks using TSmux, it alway's uses ffmpeg now !
That's a bug. Smile (which I fixed here locally. Smile)

You and another one  Dodgy 

Glad to know iam not getting senile   Angel
Thanks for THAT ↑ confirmation..
Send you a link to dev version, which should again allow the use of tsMuxeR.

Cu Selur