This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ProPainter Vapoursynth filter
Ah, okay, I assumed/hoped that they would use another model or analyze the surrounding frames differently. So my previous tests were 'correct'.
As it is, you are correct, adding this to the normal release doesn't change anything, but thanks for looking into it. Smile
So for outpainting atm. something like midjorney would be needed, which really would be overkill.

Cu Selur

Ps.: there is hope, https://be-your-outpainter.github.io/ (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2403.13745) looks impressive. (no source code as far as I see atm.)
To be more precise there is some little difference between the inpainting and outpainting mode.

As example consider this frame

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2597]

Using the inpainting mode with the mask on the edges is obtained this frame

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2598]

while using the outpainting mode, the lateral edges are a little better

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2599]

Since this clip is moving only up, ProPainter is able to draw successfully the upper/lower edges, but has not enough information to draw successfully the lateral edges.

I will release a new version with the outpainting mode implemented.

In the new release will be the following functions:
  •  propainter_inpaint() : exactly the same as previous propainter()
  •  propainter_outpaint() : propainter in outpainting mode
  •  propainter() : a wrapper to the 2 functions above (with defaults switching to propainter_inpaint).

Is up to you decide if add the outpainting mode or not.

Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll add support for it in Hybrid, since at least for small edges it seems helpful.

Cu Selur
Published the new release: https://github.com/dan64/vs-propainter/r...tag/v1.2.0

Dan
Will send you a new link once I added it to Hybrid. Smile

Cu Selur
Argh, integration is trickier than anticipated.
Not sure how I can properly incorporate ProPainers outpainting in Hybrid, output resolution handling gets tricky when a filter can change the resolution and that filter is no resizer,... Big Grin
=> this will take a while
(atm. Hybrid can rely on a fixed order between Crop < Rotation < Resize < Letterbox, and thus handle PAR&Co properly)

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a propainter dev Hybrid version which should work fine with outpainting.

Cu Selur
The new dev version is working fiine.

Thanks,
Dan