This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Distortion of fast movement
When denoising/upscaling, on scenes with fast mocement I'm getting bad distortion artifacts. I'm sure I read about this on another forum, but I seem to recall somebody suggested switching from MVtools to something else - can anyone suggest a way of avoiding the distortion artifacts?
Interpolation artifacts can happen with all interpolation methods.
RIFE with model 4.18 (maybe model 4.24) is probably the most stable interpolation method I know of. (do not forget to enable and adjust the scene change detection)
But depending on the input, you will always get interpolation artifacts.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Moved thread.
I guess I will need to get a more up to date PC to handle RIFE.
You could try SVP and FrameRateConverter, both usually fair better than mvtools itself and require less gpu power than RIFE.

Cu Selur
I already use SVP, do I use it in conjunction with FrameRateConverter? How do I set these up?
Sorry, you can't use SVP together with FrameratConverter.
FramerateConverter mainly was meant to use mvtools and then try to avoid interpolation artifacts.
It later got RIFE support and 'beta' Vapoursynth version.
Sadly, the developer (mysteryx93) seems to have stopped developing it 3 years ago.

Cu Selur
(12.09.2024, 13:12)Selur Wrote: RIFE with model 4.18 (maybe model 4.24) is probably the most stable interpolation method I know of.

I don't see those in Hybrid, maybe you can elaborate.
Not near a PC today.
Should be in latest dev, iirc 4.24 is only available via vs-mlrt and RIFEmlrt.
Thanks, than I am looking forward to the next release.