This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] due to: ERROR: ...... .265 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
I build and tested the script on a new installed 18.04.
I would not surprised that the script might not work on Ubuntu older than 18.04, since the available versions of tons of libraries changed.
My only concern atm. is to figure out why it's not running on 18.04 for you.

Not using mvtools is not really an option since it's used in tons of scripts i.e. QTGMC.

Cu Selur
I'm already out of any idea why compiled libmvtools.so makes troubles to me in Ubuntu 18.04.4 (does apply for freshly installed VM too) and not in Ubuntu 16.04.6, nor 20.04 (both VMs). But as final Ubuntu 20.04 is already out and it does not suffer from this issue, I'm about to give it up and to switch to 20.04 on my physical computer. But Hybrid does not start on 20.04 as I already wrote earlier in this thread. I will set up new thread for that.
I'm wondering why that problem does not appear on my laptop machine.
Just one comment. It seems to me that it is better to place those export lines
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages

into ~/.bashrc which is executed for non-login shells instead of ~/.profile which is executed for login shells. The first seems to be more common use case of Hybrid. I did it in this way and had no issues with missing paths since then. But maybe it is safe to have them in both.
I'll adjust the README accordingly.