This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.05.17
Changes:
VapourSynth R50
D2V Witch v3
MKVToolNix 46.0.0 (Inside Hybrid.app)
Updated FAQ

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzy3f0zyuyu4y...O5zla?dl=0
Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.06.13
Changes:
D2V Witch v4
FFmpeg 4.2.3 (Inside Hybrid.app)
MKVToolNix 47.0.0 (Inside Hybrid.app)
Updated plug-ins: BM3D, DCTFilter, DFTTest, EEDI3m, FFT3DFilter, MVTools, NNEDI3CL
Updated FAQ

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzy3f0zyuyu4y...O5zla?dl=0
Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
I’m a complete newbie, not quite sure but when i dont interlace with qtgmc the file starts processing, but when i have it on, it crashes i get either a bit it too small error Or helper1, exitCode: 11 error.

Followed instructions to the T

I have an interlaced video i ripped from makemkv
Ntsc 29.97 
I wanted to interlace with qtgmc placebo with 1.50 noise reduction and bob for 59.94 fps. 

I will try and paste the script on here.
May be shijan can say more about it, but
helper1, exitCode: 11 error.
indicates that the decoder crashes, so there is probably something 'off' with the Vapoursynth integration.
Check the Vapousynth Preview, it might give some more details about the problem.
(21.06.2020, 06:27)Selur Wrote: May be shijan  can say more about it, but
helper1, exitCode: 11 error.
indicates that the decoder crashes, so there is probably something 'off' with the Vapoursynth integration.
Check the Vapousynth Preview, it might give some more details about the problem.
Thanks Selur!
i have reached out to him.

quick question about hybrid. Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
i ran dgiindex on windows of a ripped tv show from a dvd and it says interlaced ntsc video
however when i run the 2-pass interlace scanner From within hybrid the little white box at the bottom told me the same video was telecined. 

thanks for the help.
Quote:Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
Nope it's a heuristic trying to guess the interlaced state, only way for sure what the source is, is to look at the frame/field patterns.
When the source is Ntsc 29.97 it's probably not interlaced, but telecined.
-> Look at the Vapoursynth Preview to see the effects when VIVTC or QTGMC are used.

Cu Selur
(21.06.2020, 06:46)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
Nope it's a heuristic trying to guess the interlaced state, only way for sure what the source is, is to look at the frame/field patterns.
When the source is Ntsc 29.97 it's probably not interlaced, but telecined.
-> Look at the Vapoursynth Preview to see the effects when VIVTC or QTGMC are used.

Cu Selur
Well it’s when i runt qtgmc is when i get that error helper 11 or byte size too small. 
i am running vivtc right now With no issues. 

So neither dgindex nor the built in scanner can tell me. 

I have to say selur, your software is amazing. The ability to see all the options laid out, with descriptions. Clearly this is a labor of love, with how much effort you put into this.
I am a Mac user coming from handbrake this software has a much bigger learning curve.  I wish you coded for handbrake, Handbrake is in the stone age compared to all these new filters.
Happy you have a use for Hybrid, even when the mac version hasn't got any code changes and updates for 2+ years. Smile

Cu Selur
(21.06.2020, 07:34)Selur Wrote: Happy you have a use for Hybrid, even when the mac version hasn't got any code changes and updates for 2+ years. Smile

Cu Selur
I don't need changes, although,
docker is becoming very popular. there are ways to make a thin docker container with a thin install of windows (maximum compatibility with vapoursynth and avisynth) could also be made with a thin linux os.
then the docker apps could be loaded on any system (basically a sandboxed application)

I talk as if I know how to do this stuff but I don’t.. or else I would make one.

so interesting issue. when I run qtgmc on vapoursynth with medium setting it works.

when I drop the setting in qtgmc from medium to slow, slower, or very slow, placebo, or custom. that's when I get a crash because the byte size is too small error,

this is my script for medium which works, will try slow script as comparison.
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading /Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Medium", TFF=True)
# Output
clip.set_output()

my very slow script
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading /Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# with preset 'Very Slow' and 'Placebo' QTGMC is limited to 8bit YUV/GRAY only due to FF3dFilter
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Very Slow", TFF=True)
# Output
clip.set_output()
about your problem:
Different presets use different libraries.
The Vapoursynth Preview should give an error message if a library is missing,...

--
about docker: I have no problem in case anyone wants to setup and maintain a docker container and share it for free with others.

Cu Selur