This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!!
(25.07.2023, 17:41)Selur Wrote: "LWLibavsource over Mpeg2source", I assume you mean "LWLibavsource over FFMpegSource2".

..........................................................................................↑ That's the one yes  Shy ↑

(25.07.2023, 17:41)Selur Wrote: I don't get the "Empty indexing Call !!" message,..
-> create a new debug output with the dev version I send you.
Also check whether it makes a difference, if you (before doing anything):
a. create a specific tmp folder (and configure it under Config->Paths as the default temp path, save it as a default and restart Hybrid)
b. make sure your tmp folder and your source folder are on the ignore list of any anti-virus or other tool monitoring your system (also check task manager while opening the preview)
Can't reproduce this here at all atm., so if the above doesn't help, write down a step-by-step from a reset Hybrid, so I can try reproducing the issue here.

a. Done & b. done .. Although iam using just windows defender, and an Firewall solely for Lan connections .   I don't see how the firewall would hinder the working of even 3rd party tools, since it's setup only to check incoming / outgoing traffic nothing more...

But i have excluded the tmp folders anyway to be on the safe side..

(25.07.2023, 17:41)Selur Wrote: Ps.: I did try loading a few mkv and m2ts files which are > 40GB with a playtime of 90-180min. Indexing took a bit, but with DGDecNV and FFMpegSource2 indexing progress was shown and I loaded those files from a classic hdd. -> to me it more and more seems something is interfering with the file access on your system.

I know EXACTLY what you mean, i bet that took quite some time reading such an huge file from an HDD.. even if its an 7200rpm or 10.000 rpm drive lol...  
But realy ? Does it need to create any index file at all? I mean , when iam in avisynth mode, hybrid doesn't seem to create / prepare at all and i get instant preview and results to see..
I actually see the results of the filters i have selected whitout the long delay !!

Even on an ssd, it takes an min or so to prepare an huge file/lenghty media file that way !??!
And to make things wurse, every time you exit and re-enter preview pane it has to re-create it all over again from scratch !!!

And that's ONE of the biggest reason why i emediatly installed 2x 1TB Nvme ssd in my build  Tongue , not just for loading games/apps but mainly for demux/remux or in this case speed up indexing /analyze processes !! 
It's like comparing an soapbox on wheels against an Mclaren Big Grin 

So, i did the following...  I have reset all hybrids settings (ur latest releas i got through pm)..  Done steps A & B like requested ... 

And this ↓ is the result  Confused

First: [Image: empty-index.png]

And then → [Image: indexer-finisher.png] Huh

ps: attached debug

EDIT: i almost forgot, in taskmanager i saw vapour script open and closing an couple times during that time when i summoned the preview with errors !!
just , fyi..

cheers
TD
Quote:Can't reproduce this here at all atm., so if the above doesn't help, write down a step-by-step from a reset Hybrid, so I can try reproducing the issue here.
Step-by-Step?
(26.07.2023, 04:46)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Can't reproduce this here at all atm., so if the above doesn't help, write down a step-by-step from a reset Hybrid, so I can try reproducing the issue here.
Step-by-Step?

i thought i did  ↓  Huh

(25.07.2023, 22:06)ToiletDuck Wrote: So, i did the following...  I have reset all hybrids settings (ur latest releas i got through pm)..  Done steps A & B like requested ... 

So again, i have taken the steps (A & B) you'v requested from me using hybrid its default settings (Total reset)...!  And created the debug file while doing so..
Nothing more, nothing less... haven't enabled / used/ altered anything else..

Again, apart from the setting "FFmpeg2source" in Vapoursynth → source tab & the created specific Temp folders like you've asked.. i have used the defaults for all other settings to reproduce the error !?!

Did i left something out?  what else can i try ?

Iam not sure what else you are asking from me ?

ps: as you can read from the debug file, iam on win11 not win10 nor win 7 → compatibility issue (win updates !?) ?

Cheers,
TD
I need a step by step what you do after starting Hybrid.
like:
  • start hybrid
  • open source

the exact order of things might be important, since I do not have this issue and I'm too on Win11.

Cu Selur
(26.07.2023, 11:56)Selur Wrote: I need a step by step what you do after starting Hybrid.
like:
  • start hybrid
  • open source

the exact order of things might be important, since I do not have this issue and I'm too on Win11.

Cu Selur

To be precise, 

A. i started up hybrid, resetted all settings , restarted hybrid assigned specific temp paths , then i have saved that as default settings.

B. restarted hybrid, opened Source Media file.mkv , go to vapoursynth tab → misc → source → unchecked (LWlibavsource to FFmpegsource2)

c. hit the preview button .. 

Also, since you couldn't reproduce the error, i especialy made screenshots from the exact errors i received and have posted that too, to give you an idea what the error looks like  !?

cheers,
td
Okay, will look at in ~3hr when I'm off from work.
(26.07.2023, 12:18)Selur Wrote: Okay, will look at in ~3hr when I'm off from work.

Hi selur,

Too keep it very simple for you to find the issue..   I have done the following... EXACT STEPS ↓

A. I completely uninstalled hybrid & → deleted all settings / folders from my desktop ..

B. Rebooted Win 11 

C. Installed Hybrid Release 2023.07.22.1 (you've pmed me)  

D. started hybrid, and changed just "Default Temp path", and in VapourSynth → mics → source → Unchecked "LWlibavsource to FFmpegsource2"

E. Saved that as defaults and restarted hybrid

F. loaded hybrid, opened source, and tried to use filter preview ... and, you pretty much can guess the results by now  Rolleyes !

hoped i wos clear this time..

cheers,
TD
Doing these steps, for me FFVideo indexing starts and after the indexing the preview opens. Sad
-> I'll create a new dev version which should add some additional outputs, which hopefully help to figure out where the problem is.

Cu Selur
2023.07.22.1, hmm thought I send you a newer version.
did send you 2023.07.26.1 now

Cu Selur
(26.07.2023, 15:13)Selur Wrote: 2023.07.22.1, hmm thought I send you a newer version.
did send you 2023.07.26.1 now

Cu Selur

right, u did send me an newer release x.07.24.18513  Wink

But since i reported this issue since x.07.22.1  , and you've started to investigate since that release.  I thought maybe it's an good thing to restart all over again...  
After all,  you DID ask me for an STEP-BY-STEP → "detailed" explanation didn't u  Big Grin

I have receivved x.07.26-15051  , i'll report my finding later on this day..

cheers,
TD,