Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated the download.

Cu Selur
The new GUI interface is gorgeous!

When are you planning to public an official release ? (so that I can update also the github release)

Thanks,
Dan
I could release a new Hybrid version tomorrow (visiting parents today and I got a few free days Smile), so update vsDeOldify when it suits you.

Cu Selur
I made some test with Around The World in 1896.

By using the "Darkness" filter with an extended range, it is possible to obtain an effect similar to "Lost in Time".
If you increase the range of dark/white to 0.4/0.8 you are able to change almost all the image because this range cover most of the luma in bright scenes.
Then by increasing the "darkness" to 0.6 it is possible to reduce the "vibrancy" of the colors (thanks to new method used for it).
The gradient mask will apply this effect gradually with the luma, obtaining an interesting effect.

See the comparison

https://imgsli.com/MjQ3OTM1

In my opinion the image obtained with DDeoldify is even better.

I think that we are almost done, with this filter. Smile

Dan
Looking forward to it. Smile
Cu Selur
Given this new usage it is better to change the section "Darkness" in " Chroma smoothing " and the name of parameter "Darkness" in "(De-)Vibrancy" 
It is better to avoid "Darkness" because the usage of this filter (thanks to last changes) is more extended. Smile

Dan
Updated the download with a version with updated labels.

Cu Selur
I released in github the new version: https://github.com/dan64/vs-deoldify/rel...tag/v2.0.0

I updated the README with the section: Filter Usage

...and of course: Acknowledgements

Thanks, Smile
Dan
Nice, will release a new public release tomorrow (after I updated the torch-addon, etc.).

Cu Selur
I noted that when "chroma resize" is enabled all the changes performed by the post-process filters on the luma, will be cancelled. I already added this remark in the README. Maybe you can add this note in the description of "De-Vibrancy" (because it change the "V" component). Actually when "chroma resize" is enabled all the changes on the luma will be transformed as changes to the chroma, so that "De-Saturation" and "De-Vibrancy" will have both some type of additive effect on the saturation, when this option is enabled (nice discovery).

Dan

P.S.
Since "chroma resize" on HD movies will speed-up the encoding of about 150%, it is better to assign the "default" value 0 to this parameter, but it is not necessary to disabled it if "chroma resize" is checked because of additive effect, probably the De-Vibrancy effected that I noted was due to this additive effect.