Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I might have deleted it, changing from R65 to R68.  I'll reinstall and report back soon and try to get the 'code'-tag going as well :-)
I suspect there is some version incompatibility in all the DeOldify stuff atm. in Hybrids released versions. (extracting the test 4 RC3 into the Vapoursynth\Lib\site-packages folder might help)
Like I wrote, I might look at it next weekend. (Maybe Dan64 has released 4.0.0 till then, and I will use that.)

Cu Selur
I did a fresh install and using VapoursynthR68.
The problem seem a bit wider, not just on Deoldify, but also in Killerspots, ReduceFlicker etc, the preview gives this error:

Is this what you mean by code-tag?  

Code:
2024-06-09 19:46:13.221
Failed to initialize VapourSynth environment!
Failed to evaluate the script.
Quote:Is this what you mean by code-tag?
Yes.

Strange R68 works fine here.
Did you delete the Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth-folder and then extract the torch R68 package into the Hybrid/64bit-folder?
Try whether it works if you open vsViewer and set the Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth-folder under Edit->Settings->Paths->VapourSynth library search paths. (this is not necessary here, but maybe it works for you)
When I extract R68, I don't delete the vapoursynth folder, I just extract and let it override.  Am I suppose to delete first and then extract?
The paths for some reason is F:/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/Lib/site-packages.  
I've always installed Hybrid in the C drive, F drive is just storage.  I switched it back to the C drive path, but still same message.
Maybe its just this specific computer, I'll try to install it on my other computer to see if I have the same problem and will report back.
Quote:Am I suppose to delete first and then extract?
Yes, when switching between Vapoursynth versions, this is necessary.

Quote:The paths for some reason is F:/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/Lib/site-packages.
Argh, that setting from my system. Smile

Cu Selur
preview is working again with this newest release:  VapoursynthR68_torch_2024.06.10
Looking forward to the next release with Dan64 4.0.0 update

Meanwhile, this is what I currently experience; if this information is helpful
Deoldify: Preset Custom: Deoldify only, DDcolor or Simple working, but once enable DeepEx HAVC the preview just comes white color blank screen
Deoldify:  Preset Slow, Medium, Fast etc also working, but with DeepEx enabled HAVC the preview does work, but the image looks like a light sepia black and white with very faint color.
(10.06.2024, 14:50)zspeciman Wrote: [ -> ]Deoldify: Preset Custom: Deoldify only, DDcolor or Simple working, but once enable DeepEx HAVC the preview just comes white color blank screen
Deoldify:  Preset Slow, Medium, Fast etc also working, but with DeepEx enabled HAVC the preview does work, but the image looks like a light sepia black and white with very faint color.

The DeepEx to work need the reference images, when you enable DeepEx you need to change also the value of SC thresh to 0.10 otherwise  the reference frames will not be generated.
The SC thresh don't have to be set only in the case has been selected "external RF", but in this case the reference frames need to be provided externally.
I don't know if Selur can do something in the GUI to enforce this behavior. 

Dan
Thanks Dan, yes, the SC thresh seem to get the preview working.  Your demo examples are incredible.  I'll experiment on this further, I have tons of questions, but I'll save them till later.
@Dan64: Adjusted Hybrid to set sc_thresholds minimum to 0 when DeepEx is enabled and 0 otherwise. Through this, sc_threshold will be at least 0.01 when DeepEx is enabled.
Not checking for images when '... external ...' is used, since to do it seriously one would have to check that all images:
  • exist
  • are really pngs
  • their image resolution is correct (= matches the resolution at the place DeOldify is used)
  • their naming scene is correct and the frame count fits into the current clip
=> Not doing that, since I think folks that use '... external ...' should know what they are doing. Smile
(updated the deolidfy test download)

Cu Selur