Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
don't care about handbrake Smile

Atm. I'm trying to get Hybrid properly working, for that I need to get Vapoursynth working.
Since I haven't used a mac in years: Where (path?) is the plugins folder and how can I access it on a mac?
Finder seems to be even more motivated to hide folders&co from the user,...

found the path through the terminal: /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth

Cu Selur
Seems you need to read my little FAQ with some tips about VapourSynth on macOS in first post here https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279

All wrapped inside single Framework container. On macOS it is installed to:
/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework
Dependencies Libraries installed to:
/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/
External Plugins installed to:
/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/
Scripts installed to:
/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/

P.S. bydoing additional tests with HandBrake i just attempt to confirm that empty frame problem is not something special to Hybrid only.
Man not being able to use the apple/windows key really is a hurdle.
Is there a desktop client for exsi that I could use as an alternative to using the browser?
Usually virtual machines have some keyboard & mouse settings. Something like this? https://superuser.com/questions/573987/w...hin-the-vm
Quote:Click the Wrench icon or choose Settings from the Virtual Machine Window. Click "Keyboard and Mouse" and choose the Mac profile.
I also had to reboot my VM afterwards.
Quote:I also think your answer lies in the keyboard & mouse settings. I had myself a slightly different problem: I found a ready-made VM and all was working except command-clic. The solution was also there: when you double-clic "Mac profile" in the keyboard & mouse settings, you have to disable "Button 3" to have command-clic working (at least in my case). Hope this may help someone. :-)
Problem is I that there is no keyboard and mouse setting I can find in ESXi,....
As a side note: I got a license through ebay so the VM doesn't expire in 60 days. Smile

Cu Selur
Okay, new problem: How can I tell the mac that the dylib files are okay?
After I compiled vsViewer and try to start it tons of messages like "xy.dylib is broken and can't be open" appear, some like "libretrinexdylib can't be opens since the developer is not verfied"
this happens for all the dylib files,.. that came with the dmg,...

btw. using "Config->View->Style->Fusion" seems to work better than the default mac style Wink
Have no idea how to fix .dylibs but this is something related to stupid Windows Vista Catalina and above security restrictions. I guess you better connect with l33tmeatwad about this question. As i remember in his FAQ it was some info that .dylibs plug-ins compiled from brew require additional manual verification one by one https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175522
Quote:NOTE: Gatekeeper will require you to approve the installer and each plugin you add individually. Some users may wish to disable it to simplify the process which can be done by running the following command in terminal:
Code:

sudo spctl --master-disable
"developer is not verfied" message also appears when i start Hybrid first time (old and new version as well) . So i need to mouse right-click on "Hybrid.app", select in menu "Open", and next press "Open" button in pop-up window.
You may disable gatekeeper and some other macOS protection stuff on your computer as it is described in Installation FAQ https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1279 , but it is a wrong way to go. App should start somehow simpler without additional intervention
okay, 'spctl --master-disable' worked.

Now the it's just that 'libautocrop.dylib', 'libdecross.dylib', libvfrtocfr' are all reported to be broken. :/
Same for: 'libcontinuityfixer.dylib'
Okay after deleting those dylib files the new vsViewer works and changes in the main program are reflected in the Vapoursynth Preview. Smile

Cu Selur