Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
vsViewer is something I wrote based on old vseditor code: https://github.com/Selur/vsViewer/
About testing:

simply do the following:
1. open a file with Hybrid check the Vaporusynth Script Preview, it should look similar to:
Code:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# loading source: /Users/selur/Desktop/5000frames.mp4
# color sampling YUV420P10@10, matrix:470bg, scantyp: progressive
# luminance scale TV
# resolution: 640x480
# frame rate: 25 fps
# input color space: YUV420P10, bit depth: 10, resolution: 640x480, fps: 25
# Loading /Users/selur/Desktop/5000frames.mp4 using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Users/selur/Desktop/5000frames.mp4", format="YUV420P10", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P10 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
# Output
clip.set_output()
best use a source which uses 'LWLibavSource'
2. copy that content into a new text file you name "test.vpy"
3. insert an these additional lines before the '# adjusting output color from:' line:
for KNLMeansCL:
Code:
# testing KNLMeansCL
clip = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(clip=clip)
for NNEDI3CL:
Code:
# testing NNEDI3CL
clip = core.nnedi3cl.NNEDI3CL(clip = clip, field = 0)
4. save the file
5. call:
Code:
<PATH TO vspipe> --info <PATH to test.vpy> -

if it worked it should output the general characteristics of the script otherwise it should give you an error message.
btw. no clue whether I find time to look into mac stuff much today since the Linux deploy script always aborts with a seg fault and this needs to be fixed first.

Cu Selur
did some small tests at the side and added:
  • DegrainMedian
  • SSIQ
  • DeCrawl
  • MCDegrainSharp
back to the Hybrid on Mac build.

noticed:
DeDot: https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursynth-dedot
isn't available for mac atm.

Adamcarter

Omg that is awesome!!!!!!!
Thanks selur
Working DeCrawl, great!

By the way, my VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid dmg package include all plug-ins compiled l33tmeatwad. All last updated versions. Probably a lot of them useless for Hybrid, but i just decide to keep full package if someone need to use or test some plug-ins outside Hybrid.
Also you may see two additional scripts there (psharpen.py and temporalsoften2.py) they required by SceneChange-0.2.0-2 plug-in and some other, don't remember exact which one.
MVtools in that package downgraded to v21 because MVtools-v22 and v23 are broken and stop render after some short time if use Placebo or Very Slow settings.

I downloaded vsViewer resource folder with icons and see it use a lot additional icons that i didn't notice before. Probably will also update them, but it needs some time. Old icons are not so bad but subjectively are too dull, too detailed and so hard to read at that size. Also they just don't fit well to modern UI concepts at all. Anyway i don't force you to move to new icons, but maybe just try them for test and see how it goes...

testing KNLMeansCL and NNEDI3CL with " --info " gives me no errors, but only this message:
Code:
No output file specified
Quote:testing KNLMeansCL and NNEDI3CL with " --info " gives me no errors, but only this message:
Code:
No output file specified
sounds like you forgot the ' - ' at the end of the call,..
Yep, forgot ' - ' at the end of the call. Now it works. Seems no error:
Code:
Width: 720
Height: 480
Frames: 1558
FPS: 30000/1001 (29.970 fps)
Format Name: YUV420P8
Color Family: YUV
Alpha: No
Sample Type: Integer
Bits: 8
SubSampling W: 1
SubSampling H: 1
good then the script is working Smile

Adamcarter

All these updated plugins, i am looking forward to the final build.

Side note: Finally got the beta of topaz video enhancer ai to work, on windows 10 vm. I have no Nvidia video card So it takes 6 -7 seconds a frame. So this 11 minute clip im working on will take 1.3 days. 

I am upscaling it To 4k and will bring it back down to 1080p or 720p in hybrid.

Interestingly enough, a lot of people on the topaz forum, mention hybrid as the goto software for encoding the pictures back into video and deinterlacing with qtgmc if needed before hand.

I feel like me being discovering hybrid has lead me down a rabbit hole of great encodings of my dvd collection.
uploaded a new version.
Not sure how much time I will find during the week to work on the mac version since the deploy script for the Linux version is still broken (no clue why) and I most of my free time full with other stuff. :/

Cu Selur