Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
will fix
I monitored "tccd" process a little more and normally it simply loads CPU for a 2-3 seconds on Hybrid start and back to normal.
When DVD is imported seems each title starts some sort of separate copy of Hybrid process internally. So if DVD have 30 Titles it behave like Hybrid virtually opens 30 times (you may notice new Hybrid icon quickly appears and disappears in Dock on the right) and so "tccd" process starts and stops 30 times as well and so in summary it loads CPU for a very long time.

I checked "System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy" but i can't see any place where i can disable Hybrid or some related component.

So i guess the question here - what internal component in Hybrid starts "tccd" process and why "tccd" process starts like this it as all?
tccd is only started by MacOS it is a process that monitors whether tool xy has the right to access folder wz.

During analysis of dvds:
- lsdvd
- mediainfo
- mplayer
- ffmpeg
are used, each multiple times. (see if you create a debug output and look in it you can see which tool gets called when)

Cu Selur
About the video presets:
x264 -> seems to be okay
VPX -> should be effectively the same
Xvid -> are the same here (you might have to reset your defaults)

Cu Selur
I always delete ⁨User -> Library⁩ -> ⁨Application Support -> Hybrid folder, so it can't be some legacy remaining presets.

[Image: ZKQujV1.gif]
Did you actually look what changed?
in x264 difference in "--lookahead threads".
in xvid difference in "-nopacked -threads 12"
I don't know what these parameters affect. Nothing to worry about?

Selur, may i ask to bring back "Use" checkbox for Deinterlacer? Smile Auto detection works well, but the problem is from usability side. Lack of that switch seem really slows down workflow.
Real life example:
DVDs deinterlacing is all about experimenting with best settings. Especially when it goes to messy 29.97 telecined 4 frames interlaced / 1 frame progressive or recorded visually as progressive to interlaced VOB. These videos need a lot of tests. Some tests need simply turn deinterlacer off/on to to quickly see the processed/original in preview.
So currently i need to use Override input scan and switch to Progressive for that. If earlier in that menu telecine was selected i need to switch from telecine to progressive. (3 clicks instead of simple on/off switch when i simply need to quickly see untouched source)
And all repeats again if i switch to other deinterlacer type.

Lack of on/off switch for Deinterlacer only will produce more confusion and endless questions on forum after release of new version. Every filter have manual on/off switch.
Quote:in x264 difference in "--lookahead threads".
in xvid difference in "-nopacked -threads 12"
I don't know what these parameters affect. Nothing to worry about?
Yes, those are all settings which depend on the detected system and input.
-> nothing to worry about

Quote:And all repeats again if i switch to other deinterlacer type.
I don't get why switching the deinterlacer would require changing the scan type.

Cu Selur
Problem is that when you disable the button, but the scan type isn't progressive and the output isn't interlaced, some things are done wrong which can cause that the output gets broken.
Yes, this is a bug in older versions and the most sensicle solution was to remove the button.

I could add the button, but to fix the current problems, I would have to enable "overwrite scan type' and set it to 'progressive'.
So you would still have to do all the clicking when playing around.

-> don't plan on adding the option back.

Cu Selur
Yes, seems interesting problem. Sure the best way to go in this situation - "Disable" checkbox that  also switches to Scan type Progresisve. And "Enable" - switches back to original previous selected scan type. (currently this is exactly what i do manually with multiple clicks) But looks like too complicated...