Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Adamcarter

Hey selur, 
Was looking at your change log of hybrid since the 2018 mac version. And i saw this update on 7.11.2020

• Vapoursynth: Anime4KCPP when using GPU

I know anime4k can work with cpu alone (although it is faster with gpu), do you think this could be ported over to mac hybrid as well when the big bugs are squashed?

Thanks for the info
If it can be compiled for MacOS,...

Got no gpu hardware acceleration support inside the VM atm. so I can't test anything gpu related.

Do any of the gpu based filters work on mac?

2 years ago none of the GPU supported/based filters worked which is why Hybrid atm. disables/removes the following on MacOS:
additionally some filters were disabled since they didn't compile at the time on MacOS X:
Some might even be included in l33tmeatwad package,...
No clue haven't used a Mac for 2 years,.. Smile

So if someone can compile and share these for MacOS and some users can test them I could re-enable support for them in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
about dfttest: not sure whether it's the cause of the bug, but the dylib is wrongly named.
it should be 'libdfttest.dylib' not 'libdftest.dylib' since the filter is named DFTTest (https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvol...th-DFTTest)
(simply renaming the file didn't solve the issue here)
I also copied the one from l33tmeatwad (http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnbwd1v4wb...ar.gz/file) which is properly named, but doesn't work either here.

Cu Selur
Some other filters that do not work atm. due to missing libraries:
So all in all it's not that bad. Quite a bunch of filters are missing, but that's not really a bug in Hybrid.
If someone builds them fine, otherwise I'll remove support for them.

Main problem is: DFTTest, since it's also used in QTGMC and some other more complex filter scripts depending on the settings.

Cu Selur

Ps.: also added lostfunc to https://github.com/Selur/VapoursynthScriptsInHybrid for DeSpot.
not much time today, uploaded a new version to the google drive

Cu Selur
Thanks for update!
ProRes profile names look great now, but still don't work (no changes in code line preview when i switch them). Also profiles reverted back to legacy names when i switch Encoder: kostya to some other encoder.
ah there's sill some code using the old names in the reaction models,..
-> will look at it tomorrow
Noticed small not too critical visual problem:
- change codec in "Base" tab (for example x264 switched to ProRes)
- go to ProRes tab
- tooltips now have tiny text size there. (tooltips in all other tabs still have normal size)
[Image: g5UR54d.jpg]

- Restart Hybrid
- tooltips text size in ProRes tab are back normal
[Image: xWo2Bq5.jpg]

Filtering -> DeNoise -> DFTTest gives no error now with legacy DFTTest v4 shared by l33tmeatwad.

But there is still error in Filtering -> DeNoise -> MCTemporalDenoise. (l33tmeatwad promised to fix this problem in next DFTTest plug-in update)
Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: DFTTest: Function does not take argument(s) named slocation

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1956, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1957, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile19_55_22_278.vpy", line 26, in <module>
    clip = havsfunc.MCTemporalDenoise(i=clip, settings="very high")
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 3141, in MCTemporalDenoise
    p = i.dfttest.DFTTest(tbsize=1, slocation=[0.0,4.0, 0.2,9.0, 1.0,15.0], planes=planes)
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1835, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: DFTTest: Function does not take argument(s) named slocation

Adamcarter

Selur wanted to say GPU support on esxi 6.7 with mac os is Pretty much impossible. I heard it may have worked with an older version 6.0 or 6.5 and maybe broke something. I heard version 7.0(revision b) has fixed it. I have read from a couple of forums. Esxi version 7 requires an updated unlocker to run macos vms version 3.01 (i have never tried it), also would require a new serial to get more than 4 cores as the 6.7 serial wouldnt work. 

I plan on updated to 7 in the future, but right now i use mine as a pfsense box as well, so never had the chance to test it. And i am afraid of not being able to get back to where i was. 

If i ever hear of a fix for 6.7 i will let you know. Someone said even if gpu passthru was working it is best to have a catalina compatible card 

https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Gu...vidia-gpus

Drivers and hacks may still be necessary afterward too. 

I heard proxmox had gpu support and its free, but i have never used it.
I can test plugins for OpenCL support if someone explain me how to do it. Maybe it is some quick Terminal command exists? But i can test it only on Mojave. I run on hackintosh with AMD RX580 GPU. It should support all modern OpenCL options.

Currently i see in plug-ns folder these compiled by l33tmeatwad:
libnnedi3cl.dylib
libknlmeanscl.dylib

Also i can see these filters in l33tmeatwad's package:
libscenechange.dylib
libdegrainmedian.dylib
libssiq.dylib

Here is also my sketch for vsViewer/VapourSynth Editor icons. I already posted this to VapourSynth Editor developers, but seems "vsViewer" and VapourSynth Editor are slightly different apps (or different branches of same app?)

As you may notice, l33tmeatwad recommended to unify "vsViewer" and VapourSynth Editor for better compatibility, development and updates, but if it is impossible to unify apps and if Hybrid will keep use "vsViewer" i can provide icons for "vsViewer" as well. Let me know what you think.

[Image: k9jDNzf.jpg]