Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe move "Resize" tab to the left side of the group? "Resize" is more commonly used filter and that position feels more logical according to global "Crop/Resize" tab placement.
[Image: z01kaFS.jpg]
Created a new dev build which allows to set the vsync method used by ffmpeg: "Config->Input->Decoding->FFmpeg vsync handling"
Setting it to 'auto' seems to fix the issue.
(updated dev version in google drive)

--
About the order under "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame":
Since I far more often use the Interpolation&Reduction- than the Resize-settings I'll keep the order for now.

Cu Selur
(30.03.2021, 17:18)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]"Config->Input->Decoding->FFmpeg vsync handling"
Setting it to 'auto' seems to fix the issue.

Yes, this fixes the problem with incorrect duration. Thanks for update!

Adamcarter

Just wanted to say, that i used hybrid on bedknobs and broomsticks extended itunes web-dl. I have no idea why but the source had aluasing big time.

Using preview i was able to pick the best anti-aliaser for the job.

Exported as prores hq. Beautiful.
Has anyone an idea why my VM seems to be stuck at Big Sur 11.1 ?
No updates are offered, but afaik 11.4 is out for a week or so.
Also will downloading BigSur 11.4 manually from the appstore and installing it work?
-> seems like that worked

Cu Selur

Adamcarter

(06.06.2021, 12:33)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone an idea why my VM seems to be stuck at Big Sur 11.1 ?
No updates are offered, but afaik 11.4 is out for a week or so.
Also will downloading BigSur 11.4 manually from the appstore and installing it work?
-> seems like that worked

Cu Selur

Look for the combo update if they have it. I dont see why its not seeing it
Like I wrote, installing it from the appstore worked, no clue why it didn't automatically offer the update.

Cu Selur

Adamcarter

(26.06.2021, 19:09)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Like I wrote, installing it from the appstore worked, no clue why it didn't automatically offer the update.

Cu Selur

Oh ok good.

Havent made the leap to big sur yet.

I had a bad power outage messed my esxi usb drive up. 

Had to replace it. Such a pain. Need to make a copy for future.
Here is a small idea that may improve usability and speed a lot! (Actually it is not my idea, but just marking system already used in PhotoLine image editor app in some tools and filters)

So the concept:
If settings inside tab being changed (for example some filter(s) enabled) This tab draws a little sign "*" near its name.
This will allow visually check all tabs together by single quick look and make sure that none of unwanted filters being enabled by accident somewhere.
Currently in most cases to inspect which filters are enabled or disabled for sure, i usually need to click and see inside each tab one by one.

Example sketches:
[Image: LN994bV.jpg]
[Image: KXK1cCL.jpg]

Tabs in first row probably also could be marked in same way, but it may need some testing because many tabs in first row are rather special:
[Image: GhoWgSh.jpg]
I don't think this is a good idea since at least when I use Hybrid most of the sections would have a star and would be blue.
If a few others think this is a good idea I'm willing to think about it some more.

Also:
a. Why not simply look into the Vapoursynth Script Preview ?
I usually have the Vapoursynth Script Preview open to seem which filters are used in what order.
This is especially necessary when using 'Filter Queue' instead of 'Filter Order'.

b. When using 'Filter Queue' instead of filter order, the whole star-thing doesn't really make sense. So it would only be applicable when using 'Filter Order'.

Cu Selur