Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-> then experiment and if need be learn to write your own scrip not every source can be properly handled by automated methods. Smile
Also some jagged lines in high action scenes only might not be worth the trouble since you wouldn't notice them during playback.
Yep, wobbly is in l33tmeatwad's compiled collection. I have at least 2 cartoons with same semi-interlaced telecine effect. Guess it may be some strange but common coding default.
Especially older cartoons and anime were produced horribly any sometime even require vfr to be handled properly when trying to keep problems down,...
Ok, if it is not a bug in Hybrid or in QTGMC and there is no simple defined fix for it, guess we may move it to other thread and investigate somehow proper common settings later... I personally just have no any background knowledge about detelecine variations to confirm or deny something. In most cases i just watch those cartoons in VLC player, turn on IVTC deinterlace filter there and time to time noticed similar inrerlaced dropped frames in different cartoons.
Exclamation Just an idea - maybe use somehow both filters? First use "inner" filter to combine simple fields and next use QTGMC to deinerlace the rest of dropped interlaced frames?

Small update. I render VIVTC "inner" to ProRes, reopen file in Hybrid and apply QTGMC. QTGMC still attempt to deinterlace those progressive frames that contain straight drawn lines, and produce same jagged artifacts. I guess it maybe some sort of specific bug in QTGMC and we need report to developer or fine tune script somehow.
Or as it was described earlier it just need special option to turn off TDeint to disable temporal guess of interlacing.
Another 12+hrs out of the house work day, so not doing any programming today either.

About moving options from misc.ini to ui: won't happen
Quote:Filtering -> Other -> VFM - popup error window "Got an empty value for 'vsOVFMMChroma', please report to Selur!"
would need details to reproduce since it doesn't happen here.

Okay, so for the weekend I try to look at: Hope I didn't miss anything important. (won't look at cosmetic gui changes)

Cu Selur

Ps.: @shijan: about settings ProRes meta data,.. did you try something like '-movflags +write_colr -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709'
Possible color values should be:
Quote:color_primaries integer (decoding/encoding,video)

Possible values:

‘bt709’

BT.709
‘bt470m’

BT.470 M
‘bt470bg’

BT.470 BG
‘smpte170m’

SMPTE 170 M
‘smpte240m’

SMPTE 240 M
‘film’

Film
‘bt2020’

BT.2020
‘smpte428’
‘smpte428_1’

SMPTE ST 428-1
‘smpte431’

SMPTE 431-2
‘smpte432’

SMPTE 432-1
‘jedec-p22’

JEDEC P22

color_trc integer (decoding/encoding,video)

Possible values:

‘bt709’

BT.709
‘gamma22’

BT.470 M
‘gamma28’

BT.470 BG
‘smpte170m’

SMPTE 170 M
‘smpte240m’

SMPTE 240 M
‘linear’

Linear
‘log’
‘log100’

Log
‘log_sqrt’
‘log316’

Log square root
‘iec61966_2_4’
‘iec61966-2-4’

IEC 61966-2-4
‘bt1361’
‘bt1361e’

BT.1361
‘iec61966_2_1’
‘iec61966-2-1’

IEC 61966-2-1
‘bt2020_10’
‘bt2020_10bit’

BT.2020 - 10 bit
‘bt2020_12’
‘bt2020_12bit’

BT.2020 - 12 bit
‘smpte2084’

SMPTE ST 2084
‘smpte428’
‘smpte428_1’

SMPTE ST 428-1
‘arib-std-b67’

ARIB STD-B67

colorspace integer (decoding/encoding,video)

Possible values:

‘rgb’

RGB
‘bt709’

BT.709
‘fcc’

FCC
‘bt470bg’

BT.470 BG
‘smpte170m’

SMPTE 170 M
‘smpte240m’

SMPTE 240 M
‘ycocg’

YCOCG
‘bt2020nc’
‘bt2020_ncl’

BT.2020 NCL
‘bt2020c’
‘bt2020_cl’

BT.2020 CL
‘smpte2085’

SMPTE 2085

color_range integer (decoding/encoding,video)

If used as input parameter, it serves as a hint to the decoder, which color_range the input has. Possible values:

‘tv’
‘mpeg’

MPEG (219*2^(n-8))
‘pc’
‘jpeg’

JPEG (2^n-1)

chroma_sample_location integer (decoding/encoding,video)

Possible values:

‘left’
‘center’
‘topleft’
‘top’
‘bottomleft’
‘bottom’
see: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html
Quote: I render VIVTC "inner" to ProRes, reopen file in Hybrid and apply QTGMC
Why use a lossy format as intermediate?
To save disc space and provide compatibility with other apps.
Okay, I get it when you use ProRes as general output because you use some programs that don't support any usable lossless format, but using it as intermediate when using Hybrid just seems wrong to me. Big Grin
Quote:='Selur' pid='8908' dateline='1599153948']
Ps.: @shijan: about settings ProRes meta data,.. did you try something like '-movflags +write_colr -color_primaries bt709 -color_trc bt709 -colorspace bt709'
Possible color values should be:
see: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html

Not sure if i understand how exact to use this code. I never use command line FFmpeg.
Just to imagine my level of "love" to command line tools - i just understand few days ago how to open Vapousynth code in vsViewer when was guided to reproduce a bug in TimeCube Smile Before that i was thinking that vsViewer is some part of Hybrid itself, but not a separate app Smile
Also before that it was funny when i try to open Vapousynth code in Terminal instead Smile

No correct NCLC color tags written to MOV container in not a critical problem. In most cases video editing apps ignore those tags and color space and gamma should be set manully anyway. Also it is always possible manually add tags with JESExtensifier, AMCDXVideoPatcher or with BBC QTFF Parameter Editor.
If there is no quick and easy solution for NCLC color tags, it is better don't wast your time for that question right now.

What exactly wrong with ProRes?  If you need more Losless it is always possible to use ProResXQ. What codec you suggest? 10 bit Uncompressed? So i stick with simple concept - use ProRes for everything because it just works and it is look the same on Windows and Mac.
I had enough bizzare codecs and headache with them in my life in past.
ProRes is like DV codec. It industry standard. It is simple. Is done once and forever. It is implemented in large amount of professional hardware.

I tested ProRes during multiple transcodings and can't see any real quality loss. Yes ProRes is not mathematically lossless and in 422HQ you may see under 800x magnification that some single pixel somewhere changed tint by 0.2% or or so. But is it really affect something?
Uncompressed 10bit is a different story. It also have a lot of cons. Data levels read differently, some inconstancy in appearance between apps. Uncompressed MOV Uncompressed AVI...
So again for me the main advantage of ProRes is seamless integration to any system and strict encoder/decoder rules. Currently if app can read/write ProRes - it read it correct and i am sure that i have no any hidden problems or surprises with codec.
By the way, in past it was a lot of problems with ProRes appearance on Windows due outdated quicktime Windows component. But currently system wide component is no more used and each app use modern internal ProRes encoder\decoder provided by Apple or just use FFmpeg encoder\decoder.
I started topic for detelecine VIVTC VFM + QTGMC produce some jagged artifacts here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1922665 Hope someone helps with problem fix...

By the way how about add CineForm codec to Hybrid export options?
https://github.com/gopro/cineform-sdk

It is rather popular codec and FFmpeg can decode it.