Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Esxi running macos For selur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a bug in vertical scrolling. In disabled filters when cursor appears over areas with checkboxes, scrolling instantly stops.
Same time no problem with scrolling when cursor appears over over areas with global filter names and checkboxes at the left side.
[Image: KZIyllv.jpg]
That one I know, that is a 'feature' of Qt, happens only for un-checked CheckBoxes. Smile
I could 'fix' this by overwriting the general behavior for each CheckBox (problem is that the CheckBox by default captures the Wheel-event when the cursor is in it's space), but I never could get myself to change this, since I always wanted to read up on why the qt-folks implemented it this way to begin with. Smile
(usually folks tend to have their cursor on the scroll-bar when scrolling which is why your are only the second one who ran into this in the last X-years Wink)
-> know, but not changing any time soon (lot of annoying code to write and I would prefer to know why this is the default behavior to begin with)

Cu Selur
Too bad. It makes scrolling really nervous and unpredictable Smile 
Seems problem only with qt6. NO problem in legacy Hybrid_2020.09.15
Strange, not sure which Qt version introduced this behavior, but on Windows&Linux this did happen back in 2016 (at least then I wrote a comment about it on my todo list), but may be this was inconsistent with the way MacOS reacted.
Point is I don't plan to change it any time soon since it would require quite a bit of work and since it's not really such a big problem I'll probably spend my time on more pressing matters (like fixing bugs in my source code).

Cu Selur

Ps.: Think I fixed the ComboBox issue for vsModelSelect after 9 hours debugging,.. uploaded a new dev to google drive.
Seems like the version I uploaded still contains a few bugs, caused by the workaround to fix the combobox handling,.. Rolleyes
-> working on it -> hopefully fixed now (uploaded new version)

------------------
Quote:"Your Mp4Box version seems to be too old to handle MPEG-4 HEVC content!"
should be fixed

about "Hybrid Script viewer ideas"
Quote:- Show same friendly colorized code style as in vsViewer.
Looked at the code in vsViewer, not going to port that to Hybrid (too many dependencies).
If I find some time I'll read up on https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qsyntaxhighlighter.html and think about it.

Quote:- Close Script viewer window by Command+W shortcut
Inconclusive about that one, on one hand I like shortcuts on the other hand I'm probably the only one using the existing shortcuts, so not worth whether it's worth the effort.
Quote:- Remember Script viewer window size and position after Hybrid restart
Will think about it.

Quote:vsViewer ideas:
- Middle click zoom-in to mouse pointer position.
- Remember custom "Fixed ratio x Zoom value" after restart (note: this works on Windows so probably only a small issue)
- Remember window size and position after restart
Probably not happening, but if anyone is interessted, the source code is there: https://github.com/Selur/vsViewer/

Cu Selur
At first launch there is a Pop-up window warning message on start:
Code:
Couldn't set property(2): value in deinterlacer - FilteringModel to QTGMC (Vapoursynth), found: Yadif - fast

No warning message afrer restart.

Also pop-up warning window when i switch PpRes presets:
Code:
Couldn't set property(2): value in bitDepth - ProResModel to 8-bit, found: 10-bit
Will look into it, let me know if you stumble over other warnings like that.
(added some code to capture some potential problematic code which is reported this way)

Cu Selur
Seerms random. After another restart i got on start two messages:
Code:
Couldn't set property(2): value in bitDepth - ProResModel to 8-bit, found: 10-bit
and
Code:
Couldn't set property(2): value in vp9ColorSpace - VPXModel to unkown, found: unknown

Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Custom -> Custom mode combo list
Pop-up error window:
Code:
FilteringModel doSet->found no field: vsCustomCodeSelectValue
Yup, random typos. Smile
Quote:Couldn't set property(2): value in deinterlacer - FilteringModel to QTGMC (Vapoursynth), found: Yadif - fast
Couldn't reproduce that one so far (will try some more), think I fixed the other warnings.
Updated the dev version in the google drive share.

Cu Selur
Still got Pop-up error window on start:

Code:
Couldn't set property(2): value in deinterlacer - FilteringModel to QTGMC (Vapoursynth), found: Yadif - fast

And still Pop-up error window here: Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Custom -> Custom mode combo list
Code:
FilteringModel doSet->found no field: vsCustomCodeSelectValue